Julie Nord Friedman concentrates her practice in the defense of manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors in mass and toxic tort litigation, with an emphasis on asbestos litigation. Her clients range from Fortune 500 companies to regional contractors and suppliers. She is a National Coordinating Counsel for one client and she also acts as trial counsel in the defense of claims in mass tort and toxic tort litigation and regularly handles matters for multiple clients in the courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and in the State of West Virginia.
Ms. Friedman is active in the Defense Research Institute. In September 2015 she was invited to join the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM). She has been rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Friedman earned her J.D. in 1995 from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and her B.A. in 1992 from The American University in Washington, D.C. She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of West Virginia.
- West Virginia
United States District Court of the Southern District of West Virginia, 2002
University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1995)
The American University, Washington, D.C., (B.A. ,1992)
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Allegheny County Bar Association
American Bar Association
- The Legal Intelligencer, Oct. 8, 2015: Friedman joins Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Pittsburgh partner Julie Nord Friedman joins Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Rawle’s Reports, May 2015: Pennsylvania, Toxic Torts—Application of Statute of Repose
- Rawle’s Reports, December 2014: Pennsylvania, Construction—Defense Award
- DRI Toxic Tort, July 2012: Are Chromosomal Aberrations Trump Card in Toxic Tort Causations?