John T. Donovan concentrates his practice on premises liability, product liability, catastrophic injury, toxic tort and construction law matters. He graduated, cum laude, in 1989 from Lafayette College and received a law degree in 1992 from the University of Pittsburgh where he was elected class vice president. He is admitted to practice in the federal and state courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. He has tried dozens of cases to verdict in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He has been designated Liability Catastrophic Injury Counsel (LCIC) for a major international insurance carrier.
Mr. Donovan has written about the spoliation of evidence defense for the Product Law and Liability Journal. He is associated with the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations and a member of the Temple Inn of Court and Philadelphia’s Brehon Society. He is a member of The Philadelphia Lawyer's Club and the Pennsylvania Defense Institute. In 1998 he was appointed by then Governor Thomas Ridge to serve as an ambassador on behalf of Team Pennsylvania to encourage growth and development of business in the Commonwealth. In 2002 he was voted by his peers as one of the top forty attorneys in the Commonwealth under the age of forty. He has been elected one of Pennsylvania’s "Super Lawyers" in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. He volunteers on behalf of the Support Center for Child Advocates. He was the Recipient of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas First Judicial District's Roll of Honor award from the First Judicial District's Pro Bono Committee for his pro bono service in Philadelphia's legal community during 2006 and 2007.
He has served at Villanova University School of Law for four years as an adjunct faculty member teaching on trial and pretrial issues. Prior to that time, he served as adjunct faculty at the Rutgers University School of Law. His previous employment includes time with the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office and Susquehanna Legal Services.
- New Jersey
United States District Court for New Jersey
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Lafayette College (B.A., cum laude, 1989)
Phi Alpha Theta
University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1992)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and American Bar Association
- Rawle’s Reports, June 2015: Attorneys selected as Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Attorneys participate in Phila. Bar Association 5K to benefit Support Center for Child Advocates
- Rawle’s Reports, November 2014: Pennsylvania, Construction—Summary Judgment
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 18, Number 6
- Team of Rawle & Henderson attorneys participates in Philadelphia Bar Association 5K
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 17, Number 8
- Rawle & Henderson LLP forms Child Advocacy Practice Group
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 17, Number 7
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 16, Number 7
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 15, Number 6