David Ira Rosenbaum is a partner to the law firm of Rawle & Henderson LLP in the Philadelphia office. Mr. Rosenbaum has extensive experience in Commercial Litigation and Transactional matters and also has an active Product Liability and Personal Injury Defense Practice. He holds appointments as an Adjunct Professor of Product Liability Law at Temple University's School of Law, as a Judge Pro Tem in the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County and is a member of the prestigious Product Liability Advisory Council.
Mr. Rosenbaum regularly represents corporate clients in complex commercial matters involving breaches of contract, restrictive covenants, piercing corporate veils/alter egos, commercial mortgages/personal guarantees, health care and medical practice disputes, Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act claims; collection matters, partnership disputes, breaches of asset purchase agreements, copyright/trademark violations, and breaches of fiduciary duty disputes.
Mr. Rosenbaum’s commercial litigation accomplishments and successes include:
- Obtaining summary judgment in federal court rejecting claim to pierce corporate veil of international holding company involved in risk management of subsidiaries;
- Securing defense verdict in breach of consulting services contract case;
- Favorably resolving hotly contested dispute between general and limited partners in a real estate venture;
- Defeating nationwide class certification in alleged consumer fraud case against U.S. distributor of luxury automobiles;
- Negotiating settlement of restrictive covenant litigation facilitating continued operation of client’s ongoing business;
- Obtaining favorable settlement for employer at mediation of suit for wrongful termination and unpaid commissions;
- Obtaining favorable settlement at mediation for medical practice of suit for wrongful termination of contract by hospital;
- Securing full recovery for client defrauded in connection with multi-million dollar real estate transaction;
- Defeating federal court motion to dismiss alter ego/piercing corporate veil claims in management contract dispute;
- Negotiating forbearance agreements to resolve commercial mortgage and personal guaranty disputes;
- Negotiating favorable settlement of equipment leasing contract disputes;
- Serving as lead litigator for the successful gubernatorial campaign of the Honorable Edward G. Rendell in election-day disputes in the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas.
Mr. Rosenbaum serves as national counsel to an agricultural finance company involved in domestic and international real estate and factoring transactions. In that capacity, he hires and supervises local counsel and assists in developing litigation and risk avoidance strategies.
Mr. Rosenbaum’s transactional practice includes drafting and negotiating:
- Employment and Related Agreements, including physician employment contracts, agreements between and among medical practices and health care systems; agency agreements, expert witness agreements, consulting contracts, service and management contracts; licensing agreements; athletic sponsorship agreements; general contractor agreements;
- Acquisition Agreements and New Business Ventures, including asset purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, vendor contracts;
- Financing Documents, including loan and security Agreements, deeds of trust, promissory notes, personal guarantees, factoring agreements, forbearance agreements, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, loan participation agreements, environmental indemnity agreements;
- Real Estate Agreements, including, residential and commercial real estate leases and purchase agreements, contracts for leasehold improvements;
- Corporate Agreements and Related Documents, agreements to wind down partnerships; corporate by laws and amendments; reinstatement of corporation with revoked corporate charter; stock and LLC membership purchase agreements;
- Other Contracts, settlement agreements, letters of intent, term sheets, settlement agreements, releases and confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Throughout his career, Mr. Rosenbaum has vigorously defended manufacturers in a wide variety of product liability lawsuits including those brought by :
- drivers and passengers of automobiles injured or disfigured by allegedly defective air bag systems or purported sudden accelerations;
- an amusement park patron claiming injuries from supposed design flaws in roller coaster;
- a catastrophically burned child allegedly injured by inadequately childproofed butane lighter;
- a driver claiming defectively designed ingress/egress systems in tractor trailer;
- forklift operators allegedly injured because of the absence of automatic reverse alarms, grounding straps or guarding;
- consumers claiming injuries due to allegedly defective manufacturing of breakfast cereal.
Mr. Rosenbaum has also represented several corporate clients involved in managing nationwide product recalls and in formulating product warnings and instructions and in taking other steps to minimize the risk of product related injuries and lawsuits.
Mr. Rosenbaum is a 1988 cum laude graduate of Temple University School of Law, where he served on the Temple Law Review. He obtained an A.B. Degree in Political Economy from Vassar College in 1983. His achievements as a distinguished alumnus were recognized by his alma mater when it selected him to serve on the Board of Directors of its Alumni Association, as Class Correspondent and as the Chairperson of its Alumni Admissions Committee in Central and Eastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey.
Mr. Rosenbaum is admitted to practice law in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey as well as in the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey. Mr. Rosenbaum also has been admitted to perform appellate work in both the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. Supreme Court.
He was named a 2012 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by Law & Politics. He has been rated AV Preminent by Martindale-Hubbell and was listed in the 2015 edition of Philadelphia's Top Rated Lawyers.
A native of Brookline, Massachusetts, David Rosenbaum resides with his wife and children in Lower Merion Township, Pennsylvania.
Judge denies TRO for plaintiff in John Huber, Trustee of Sagecrest Liquidating Trust v. Agricap Fin. Corp. et al.
Rosenbaum Recently Closes Six Real Estate Leases, Extensions and Assignments
- New Jersey
Admitted to perform appellate work in Third Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. Supreme Court
Temple University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1988
Served on the Temple Law Review
Vassar College, A.B, Political Economy, 1983
Philadelphia Bar Association
- Rosenbaum appointed to Board of Directors of Neighborhood Club of Bala Cynwyd
- David Rosenbaum to deliver annual patriotic address at July 4 celebration
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 18, Number 1
- Rosenbaum Recently Closes Six Real Estate Leases, Extensions and Assignments
- Rosenbaum speaks at University of Maryland Law School
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 16, Number 7
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 15, Number 6
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 10, Number 12